Welcome to the Bradford Faith Trail
- You are most welcome to walk the full trail today, or to visit just one or two of the venues, and return at a later date to see the others. It is your day. Enjoy!
- The sequence and times have been changed from the original ‘Treasures Revealed’ leaflet.
We now visit the masjid (mosque) before the Hindu temple. So the route and approximate timings now are:
- 10.00 Starting time at St Peter’s church, leaving at 10.45. (651 Leeds Road, BD3 8EL)
- 11.00 Arrive at the Abu Bakar masjid, leaving at 11.45.
- 12.00 Arrive at the Hindu mandir (temple), leaving at 12.45.
- 1.00 Arrive at Sikh Gurdwara – whilst there enjoying ‘langar’ vegetarian lunch which is provided free to all - leaving at 2.15
- 2.30pm – 3.15pm Bradford cathedral.
- Opening times: Each of these places of worship is open all year round; and you will never be turned away if you visit even in the depths of winter. However weather conditions and walking safety suggest that the Faith Trail ‘rests’ from December to March.
- Booking is not essential; but if you are coming as a sizeable party it would be good to let us know in advance – please ring Bradford cathedral during office hours on 01274 777 720.
- All ages and backgrounds are most welcome; but children below 16 should be accompanied by an adult.
- Safety when walking between venues: Please understand that the guides at each venue cannot take responsibility for the safety of visitors between venues, even when they are accompanying you en route. We will always follow the route we judge to be safest. But walkers must use their own care and discretion at every road crossing. We have, thank God, had no accidents or incidents on any walk for the whole time the trail has been running.
- Accessibility. We have had one brave lady in a wheelchair complete the whole trail (with a helper to push). There is one quite steep (down)hill. Disabled friendly toilets are available.
- Dress code. Any sensible clothing is fine. Visitors are asked to remove shoes at both of the temples and at the masjid. A headscarf is needed at the Sikh Gurdwara - do bring your own; but if not, there are a number of spares available to borrow at the entrance.
- Behaviour code. The whole ethos of the trail is one of enquiry and dialogue, in a spirit of building understanding and friendship, not controversy. Any/ all questions are welcomed – there are no ‘closed’ issues - but asked please in a spirit of respect. If we run out of time, do arrange to call back to any of the venues in your own time .....
- Feedback is most welcomed and can be posted to the cathedral (1 Stott Hill, BRADFORD, BD1 4EH) or emailed to: email@example.com (St Peter’s); firstname.lastname@example.org (the masjid); email@example.com (the Hindu temple); firstname.lastname@example.org (the Sikh Gurdwara); or email@example.com
- Photographs can be taken at each of the venues; but by all means ask if you are in doubt.
The origins of the Bradford Faith Trail are an initiative known as Treasures Revealed which has now ceased.